How to Quit Smoking For Good – A Simple Guide to Help You End That Smoking Habit
These days, everyone of us has probably known the dangers and risks of cigarette smoking and how it can shorten lives. Of course, we knew that it puts us to a great health risk that we will sooner or later experience.
Of course, smokers knew that cigarette smoking can deteriorate the body and the health and although the urge to stop is strong, you might find yourself still into the habit. Nicotine in cigarette is addictive, and this is why it is often easier to tell yourself to stop the habit than doing it. Despite this highly addictive habit, there are however things that you can do to help yourself on how to quit smoking for good.
1. Have the commitment to overcome the habit. Sometimes it does not matter what method or way you use to overcome bad habits like smoking but the commitment you have on your goal. This is often one of the core things that you have to build to be successful in your goal.
2. Set a specific motivation for your goal. Aside from the commitment totally overcome smoking is to set a specific motivating factor for you. Set a very specific motivating factor. Whether you may want to stop smoking to stop exposing your kids to the health risks, or you want to live healthier, make sure your motivating factor is something that can push you in totally overcoming smoking. It also helps to list possible bottlenecks that you would most likely experience in your quest on how to quit smoking for good and find ways to tackle each one of them.
3. Avoid places where you would most likely light a cigarette. You may want to avoid drinking sprees, as most often, drinking is accompanied by smoking. Make yourself busy with sports or exercise to make your hands and your mind busy of some physical activities. Also take note of the instances and the times that you want to light a cigarette. You can then use this to individually challenge them and so you will know where to start i overcoming this habit.
4. Find a substitute. Whether you opt for an abrupt stop on smoking, or you want it to go gradually, one thing that will also help you tackle the challenge is to find a substitute for cigarette. You may chew on candies or gum or get a nicotine patch – whatever it is that is comfortable and convenient with you.
5. Find support. It helps a lot to find support in your quest to reach your goals. Find family or friends support so they can also be a motivation for you to go on especially in times that you think you can’t make it. It also helps to find other people who are also in the same journey as you are. Attend quit-smoking sessions or seek therapy to help you out in your mission. Hypnotism is also another form of therapy that can help you on how to quit smoking for good.